Bronco Ink Publishing was founded in 2014 as a way to showcase a range of comics and writing styles from all over the world. We are so much more than just publishing. We also offer a range of services to help bring your ideas to life. We can help you with lettering, book formatting, editing, and even help you find a writer or artist. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
If you have an idea or a finished work that needs a place to call home, we may be able to help.
Bronco Ink Publishing only publishes creator-owned material. We do not contract creators; we’re only interested in publishing original content for which you would retain all rights.
WE DON’T PAY PAGE RATES! Bronco Ink Publishing takes a small flat fee off the books published and it will be the responsibility of the creators to determine the division of the remaining pay between their creative team members.
Things often change from proposal to the printed page. If the intended title of your book is awkward or unwieldy, we may suggest changing it. If your logo is unreadable we may suggest changing it. However, no changes will be made without creator approval.
Artists: We accept inking, pencilling, lettering, or coloring samples.These will be kept on file and you may be contacted if and when the occasion presents itself.
Writers: See Proposal Requirements below, do not send storyboards, scripts, notes, or manuscripts. Anything other than a proposal will be automatically declined.
- A brief, typed cover letter that summarizes your project and your previous work, only if relevant. Include contact information (name, e-mail address, address, phone numbers) clearly printed on the top of the page. Submissions are responded to via e-mail only.
- A typed, one page, synopsis of the overall story arc. Tell us what sets your story apart from other comics and be clear as to who the target audience is. You can tell us whether you see it as a full color or a black-and-white book, a miniseries or an ongoing series, a prestige book or an original graphic novel. There are times, however, when we may suggest what format we think will be most successful for your story in the current market.
- Fully inked and lettered sequential story art pages. Please include a minimum of five pages that are fully inked and lettered. We may make suggestions based off these, but we are primarily concerned with your understanding of the medium and how to tell a sequential story. Color is OPTIONAL. If you have a colorist and plan on this being a colored book, it would be advisable, we may suggest a different colorist if we decide to acquire the project.
- A cover mock-up—this lets us know whether or not you understand the market and gives us a good barometer on your design sense. With creator approval, this may go through a redesign if we decide to acquire your project.
- Email a HI RES PDF submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in Mind:
- The creative team in your pitch is the one we expect to see actually working on your book. If the artist you pitched with leaves the team, you will need to re-submit your proposal with the new creative team line-up. This also means that with all ongoing titles we need to be made aware of and approve all changes to the creative team.
- Do not hand Bronco Ink Publishing employees submissions at comic book conventions.
- If you do not receive a reply within one month of submitting consider your proposal declined. If you do not include an e-mail address in your proposal it will automatically be declined.
- Do not include praise or testimonials. We are only interested in your work as it stands on its own merits.
- We are not looking for any specific genre of comic book. We are looking for comics that are well written and well drawn.
- Finally, since Bronco Ink Publishing owns no intellectual properties, you can be assured—accepted or not—that your property will remain yours.
What People Say
Great sense of design, lettering, colors and art. Always a HOME RUN.Szymon Kudranski
To his projects, he brings a keen design sense, years of experience, and genuine care for the unique needs of each story. Working with him is a delight because of the delight he takes in the story, art, design, history, and craft of comics. Thank you, Scott!Ben Applegate, Director of Publishing, Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Scott’s swift and communicative professionalism with each book we’ve worked on is superb. When there is a demanding lettering project coming up, I know he is up to the task.Editor, Kodansha Comics